The Family Album Version
- Aiden Turner (Aidan) and Ruth Warrick (ex-Phoebe) were noticibly
absent from the opening. Aiden had been temporarily recast as he tended
to some family business in England. Ruth was in poor health, and it
was long assumed that she would be left out. To make up for this,
Ruth had many still pictures featured in the photo album and the flipping
pages. Ruth was never added to the opening as she passed on in the
early part of 2005 of complications with pneumonia.
- For the first time, David Canary was only featured once as Adam
Chandler, and not Stuart Chandler. Canary's second alter ego was added
in the third opening to replace then recurring player Marcy Walker
- Eileen Herlie (Myrtle)'s picture was recycled from the previous
- Jill Larson (Opal) and James Mitchell (Palmer) shared a screen
on the opening, as their pictures overlapped. This was ironic as their
characters had not been together in years. This effect was taken out
by the first update, as was the water effect on David Canary's (Adam)
In the first update, Susan Lucci's (Erica) closing still shot was
replaced with a motion picture.
- Christian Campbell (ex-Bobby) remained in the opening one version
after he had departed the show. On that note, but Scott Kinworthy
(ex-Josh) and Lamman Rucker (ex-Garret) never saw their characters
featured in the opening.
- The first major update of the scattered photos occured in Version
4 when Eden Riegel (ex-Bianca) was removed from the opening. She was
featured heavily among the candid photos. When she returned in 2007,
she was featured at the end of the opening until a new reel was shot.