The White Version Notes
- All the images were still images when this opening first began and
many had black borders. Soon, shots where taken specifically for the
opening, but again they did not move. It was not until the borders
where dropped in 1996 that the pictures had motion. The only actors
not to get a shot especially for the opening where Felicity LaFortune
(ex-Laurel), Rudolph Martin (ex-Anton), Sarah Michelle Gellar (ex-Kendall),
Ingrid Rogers (ex-Taylor), Richard Shoberg (ex-Tom), Grant Aleksander
(ex-Alec), and Season Hubley (ex-Corvina).
- In 1997 Version 2, the music became a very mellow lullaby of piano
and violin. It remained this way until 1998, when a new and more vibrant
- In 1997 Version 2 Locket, Susan Lucci (Erica)'s picture changed
for the only time since the pictures began to move. It was the same
shot, just zoomed out. It would return to the original picture in
2000 Version 1.
- As the cast grew more and more, people had to be squeezed into the
sequence. This started in 1997 Version 1 where Darlene Tejiero Dahl
(ex-Anita) was placed between Kelly Ripa's (ex-Hayley) and Robin Mattson's
(ex-Janet) picture and Richard Rolan (ex-Jason) sharing a screen with
Brian Gaskill (ex- Bobby).
- Through haircuts and dye jobs, Kelly Ripa (ex-Hayley) never received
a new opening shot after 1996.
- The only actor to leave and come back within the White Versions
tenure would be Cady McClain (ex-Dixie) who left in 1996 and returned
in 1998. Thus, she is among an elite few that had three diffrent images.
The only other people with this honor are Vincent Irrizary (David)
and TC Warner (ex-Kelsey).
- 1999 Version 2 featured the only child to ever be on the White
Version. She was Alexis Manta (ex-Amanda). Not even her on-screen
brother, Tom Michaels (ex-Tim) would be featured even though he was
in the falling pictures version.
- 2000 Version 1 ushered in the shows 30th Anniversary and also saw
a major overhaul of the order in the opening. One prior overhaul was
in 1997, but the order remained more or less the same, just everyone
switched which version they were in, jumping from the locket version
to the pearls version and vice versa. 2000 had everyone switching
places within and between openings. Vincent Irrizary (David) also
had the honor of being in both versions directly after Susan Lucci
(Erica) at the same time.
- In 2001, Anthony Adabbo temporarily replaced Michael Nader as Dimitri
Marick. He would be the only day player featured in this version of
the opening. His picture even premeired very quickly, almost coinciding
with his premier date.
- 2001 saw the introduction of many short lived images. Jack Scalia's
(ex-Chris) was replaced because the quality of his original picture
was not wonderful. Alana de la Garza (ex-Rosa) and Eric Dearborn (ex-Gabriel)
where short lived characters that where written out under the writers
- The only people to be featured after Susan Lucci (Erica)'s picture,
who were not at one time her love interest, would be on-screen rivals
for Erica -- Julia Barr (Brooke) and Finola Hughes (ex-Alex/Anna).
Others who where second in line include Michael Nader (ex-Dimitri),
Walt Willey (Jackson), Vincent Irizarry (David), and Jack Scalia (ex-Chris).
- Although David Canary (Adam/Stuart) had two separate pictures playing
the Chandler twins on All My Children, Finola Hughes (ex-Alex/Anna)
would not be given such a courtesy for dual roles. Even after the
departure of Alex, the same picture remained in the opening never
to be updated. So in a way, Alex was always featured in the opening
and Anna never got her face in the spotlight.
- When the White Version was replaced in 2002, many of the original
specialized shots remained. They include Susan Lucci (Erica), John
Callahan (Edmund), Julia Barr (Brooke), Ray MacDonnel (Joe), Ruth
Warrick (Phoebe), Jill Larson (Opal), James Mitchell (Palmer), Marcy
Walker (Liza), David Canary (Adam/Stuart), Kelly Ripa (ex-Hayley),
Michael E. Knight (Tad), and Walt Willey (Jackson).
- In the transition from the White Version to the Scrapbook Version,
some characters missed out on being featured in the opening all together.
They include Jonathan Jackson (ex-JR), and Dylan Ferygus (ex-Tim).